We’re hiring at our Rochester, NY location with options for remote work
Business Development Account Manager – Performance Media
Soleo Communications is a leading pay-per-call network and performance media company that helps businesses connect with new customers by providing targeted, cost-effective and measurable solutions. Our platform enables businesses of all sizes to quickly and easily launch campaigns that deliver highly qualified leads and calls to their businesses. We provide our customers with the ability to track and optimize their campaigns in real-time, giving them the data they need to make informed decisions and maximize their ROI. We partner with top-tier publishers and advertisers to ensure that our customers have access to the highest quality leads and calls available. Through our proprietary technology and data-driven insights, we make it easier for businesses to reach their goals and grow their customer base.
We are looking for a talented Business Development Account Manager to join our performance media team. The successful candidate will be responsible for maximizing the potential of existing accounts and proactively pursuing new business opportunities. This role requires strong relationship building skills, an in-depth understanding of performance media, and the ability to create and implement tailored strategies. The ideal candidate should be an ambitious, organized, and dynamic individual with a passion for sales and business development. This is a great opportunity to work in a vibrant and fast-paced environment and to make a difference in a growing company.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners
- Develop new business and maximize the growth potential of existing partners
- Proactively pursue new business opportunities, using market research and networking to identify potential partners
- Identify and understand partners’ performance media needs
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure partner objectives and goals are met
- Utilize project management principles and processes for successful onboarding and implementation of new accounts
- Create and manage partner presentations, documents, and contracts
- Monitor, analyze, and report on performance media results
- Provide ongoing campaign management and optimization
- Effectively and proactively communicate with partners
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to partners
- Assist with operational requests or issue escalations as needed
- Travel to attend trade shows, partner meetings or other business engagements
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices
Qualification and Experience:
- 2+ years of business development, account management, or project management in a high-value, business-to-business, solution consultation environment
- Experience in digital media, advertising, marketing, or performance media industry is preferred.
- Business Degree (BA/BS in Business Administration, Business Management, Marketing, or related field)
- Experience with CRM software and MS Office Suite
- Proactive approach to client consultation and problem solving
- Strong ability to manage multiple customer success projects/partners at a time
- Experience or familiarity with business analysis concepts and tools, such as market research and competitive analysis.
- Proactive, responsive, and driven with the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively across various functions and disciplines, including at the executive level
Digital Media Intern
The Digital Media Intern will support the company’s comprehensive and innovative marketing programs aimed at increasing brand awareness and generating leads for Soleo’s digital brands and our partners. Projects will focus primarily on content marketing and website improvement. You will support the internal lead generation team for each of Soleo’s core markets and contribute to content and marketing initiatives for our owned and operated lead generation programs.
- Assist with writing, designing, and reviewing written content (such as blogs and landing pages) to support the position of our owned and operated brands as thought leaders in their respective marketplaces
- Assist with the staging and editing of new and existing content for our sites using WordPress
- Analyze data to produce useful and insightful content and infographics
- Create assets such as graphics and branded documents that comply to brand standards
- Using performance and behavioral analytics, assist in identifying ways to improve our landing page performance and conversion rates
- Assist with the planning, execution, and optimization of digital marketing campaigns across web, email, display advertising, and social media
- Perform research into new plugins and other marketing tools as needed
- Support lead generation, brand awareness, and engagement efforts through marketing activities, such as email marketing, video creation, and publication outreach as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- Successful completion of introductory courses in marketing, business, or equivalent required
- Excellent writing, communication, and design skills
- Proactive, responsive and driven
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Accurate and detail-oriented with well-developed priority planning skills
- Demonstrated experience with content creation tools such as Adobe suite, Vimeo, Figma, Unbounce, Canva, and Microsoft suite
- Understanding of product promotion and brand management and the creation of marketing and promotional materials that drive sales through all sales channels
- Commitment to function in fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Experience in a digital marketing related field preferred
Soleo’s mission is to make meaningful connections. Unlike a lot of our competitors in the space, we are more interested in creating an excellent customer experience for our consumers, clients, and partners than we are squeezing every penny out of them. With this important guiding philosophy, we have earned our reputation as a trusted partner and technology innovator in the industries we serve.
- Highly motivated individual contributors who have a desire to innovate, learn, and grow with a team thrive at Soleo. Our work environment is guided by these values:
- Respect. Our agile environment is built on mutual respect that fosters a safe space to try new things. We also respect and empower our employees’ work-life balance through our flexible hybrid work model.
- Growth. We strive to make Soleo an exciting place to work. Our employees get experience working in a wide variety of industries, and due to the size of our company, each employee has the unique opportunity to influence our business goals and workplace.
- Collaboration. Our common belief that we can do more good things as a team than we can do on our own creates a highly collaborative environment where all teams work toward a common goal.
With over 20 years of experience, Soleo is a well-established leader in performance marketing. We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to lead our efforts in creating an optimal consumer experience across our owned and operated digital properties. This a unique opportunity to set the vision for UX and lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle while contributing to initiatives that are core to Soleo’s strategic growth plan.
Our ideal candidate has 2+ years of experience designing digital products, websites, and landing pages with a keen focus on UX techniques and best practices. You have a passion for designing and building beautiful, intuitive user experiences that drive brand awareness and affinity. You openly welcome feedback, but know what to take action on and how to advocate for the users confidently and clearly when defending design choices to stakeholders.
- Design and create intuitive and responsive websites, landing pages, templates, and website and product features
- Translate high-level ideas into wireframes, prototypes, and graphics and iterate based on feedback from the internal team and users
- Ensure the technical feasibility of web and UI/UX designs
- Direct the formatting, styling, and staging of content (such as blogs, guides, and landing pages) on owned and operated websites
- Conduct A/B testing, user testing, user behavior tracking, and interviews to identify user pain points and optimize our consumer experience
- Work with other members of our internal marketing and development teams and relevant external contractors to build and deploy accessible and responsive web and mobile interfaces
- Manage digital brand assets and ensure compliance with brand standards
- Support lead generation and engagement efforts through related design activities, as needed
- Monitor trends in UX to identify best practices and contribute to the team’s shared knowledge of product design to ensure our web properties meet industry standards and consumer expectations. Support continuous improvement of UX related business and development processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing/advertising or design field
- 2-5 years of work experience in a marketing, design, or UX/UI related position
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma or similar design software
- Experience with web design and development, WordPress and/or Elementor preferred
- Ideally, the candidate would have solid organizational and planning skills, with experience translating high-level ideas into intuitive user interfaces
- The ideal candidate would be able to provide examples of ways they have used feedback and behavioral metrics to improve brand presence and user experience
- Experience in HTML and CSS preferred
- Work in and contribute to a positive team environment
- Please provide examples of previous work
*Must be located in Rochester NY*
Senior Paid Media Manager
Soleo Communications is seeking an innovative, self-motivated individual with strong communication and project management skills to join our Digital Marketing Team. As the Senior Paid Media Manager, you will be responsible for the development and execution of a multi-channel paid media marketing plan for Soleo’s owned and operated digital brands including Smarterhome.org and RateRetriever.com. This a unique opportunity to take on a leadership role within the organization and to contribute to initiatives that are core to Soleo’s strategic growth plan.
Our ideal candidate possesses 5+ years of experience managing paid search campaigns with over $500k in monthly ad spend. You should understand what it takes to compete for some of the most competitive keywords and have mastered best practices around account structure, campaign types, automated bidding strategies and conversion tracking. In addition to paid search, you should have a firm grasp of how to leverage other paid channels including display, video, and social media to formulate a comprehensive digital marketing strategy for each of our brands. The ability to communicate complex strategies and provide data-driven performance updates to the Executive Team is essential to your success.
- Develop a comprehensive paid media strategy for Soleo’s owned and operated digital brands. Be prepared to think differently and introduce creative solutions for driving brand awareness on a fixed budget.
- Work closely with the VP of Digital Strategy and Partnerships and the Director of Customer Engagement to develop a deep understanding of our portfolio of national brand clients. Leverage your understanding of customer needs, performance KPIs and compliance requirements to develop scalable lead generation strategies that deliver on ROAS targets.
- Assist the executive team in developing forecasts, performance targets, and a standard set of KPIS to be monitored across all of Soleo’s owned and operated digital brands.
- Partner closely with other members of the digital marketing team to ensure that content and landing page design is consistent with the paid media strategy ensuring an excellent consumer experience and converstion rate optimization.
- Create and maintain a log of A/B tests to validate digital marketing strategies and continuously optimize performance. Report results to executive leadership.
- Utilize online tools and other resources to conduct keyword and competitive research, identify growth opportunities, and stay on top of key industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree, with related experience in the marketing/advertising field
- 5+ years of experience managing paid search campaigns with over $500k in monthly ad spend
- 5-7 years of media buying experience and exposure to all the major platforms including Google/ Microsoft Ads, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn
- Experience managing at least one direct report and mentoring junior team members
- Strong project and performance management skills including the ability to delegate work and provide constructive feedback
- Experience managing external agencies and holding them accountable to performance targets
- Google and Microsoft Ads Certification (Google Analytics Certification a plus)
- Experience with 3rd party tools SEM Tools (SEMrush)
- Solid understanding of paid search best practices including:
- Experience writing effective search ad copy
- Experience identifying testing opportunities and implementing experiments
- Ability to audit and uncover account performance or technical issues
- Knowledge of automated bidding strategies including smart bidding
- Knowledge of new campaign types including dynamic search and performance max
- Experience using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to configure conversion tracking
- Working knowledge of Call Rail and Dynamic Number Insertion is a plus